Wednesday, September 13, 2006

They've begun the trip home.....

Up at 4:00am this morning. I think my excitement may be getting the best of me:) As you can imagine, Corey and Connie are sooooooo excited to be coming home--as we are as well!! At this moment they are flying back to Beijing. They'll be in Beijing for about a day and then will start the really long flight home. I'm sure I can't adequately express how much they want to come home, yet are dreading this flight. It's about 14 hours. I believe Corey's exact words after the flight to China was, "It really sucks when you watch 3 movies and still have 7 hours to go." And that was without the baby:)
After eating pidgeon the other day, Corey was back to french toast for breakfast and rice the rest of the day. Connie's meal of choice seems to be french fries. Incidentally, the day after the pidgeon dinner, Kara came home with some artwork from school. It was a picture she had colored of a pidgeon because they had read two books that day about pidgeons. How do you delicately ask your 5 year old, "You didn't tell them that Daddy ate some pidgeon in China, did you?" No, thank God she didn't--but only because she forgot, I'm sure.
Corey and Connie have been doing quite a bit of shopping--Connie's more of a shopper than Corey so after the abnormal amount of shopping he's been doing, I may be on my own for the Christmas shopping:) Em and I will drag Nana out to get some of it done while I'm home on maternity leave.
Kara's been so cute about preparing for her sister. She never refers to her as Emily, always "my sister". She wouldn't talk to Emily on the phone because each time I asked she'd get very shy, so the airport meeting will be interesting. She's made a welcome home sign for Emily and has put some of her stuffed animals in Emily's room for her. And she's hidden some books on higher shelves so Emily can't reach them:)
If any of you (our family and friends) would like to greet them at the airport Thursday, we'd love to have you. Give me or my parents a call and we can give you the details.
I've attached a few pics. Each group of children that are adopted from China have their picture taken on the "red couch" in the White Swan Hotel. I've included a few of preparation pics for that and also an awesome photo of our travel group, China 133.
Have a great day!! Love,
Kristen

8 comments:

sheryl said...

Hi Kristen,

I found your blog thru the Durney's blog. I believe I have also corresponded with your mother through the Wuwei family group. She is such a proud grandmother!

I can only imagine how excited you must be to finally meet your daughter. I will be praying for a safe and pleasant trip and can't wait to see your daughter in your arms!

Blessings,
Sheryl
proud momma to Alex, Mandi & Linzi

Anonymous said...

Kristin, Corey and family.

It has been my pleasure following your journey to China through your eyes and hearts.

Emily and Kara are very fortunate to belong to your loving family.

I will be very happy to hear that Corey, Connie and Emily are home safely and you will all be re-united for a life time of happiness.

Best of luck and May God Bless ALL of you as you begin your new journey as a family of four.

Anonymous said...

I've just caught up on the last 3 entries so I'm a bit behind. Happy Birthday to Emily. She looks so adorable in that party hat! I can't wait to meet Emily and to see how she and Kara get along. I know a certain Nana who will be on top of the world once you are all finally together!!! Of course, so will Papa! I plan to see you all as soon as possible.
Love, Aunt Louise

Anonymous said...

Safe travels to Corey and Emily!! You are in our thoughts! John, Debbie, Savvanh Campbell

Anonymous said...

Corey, Kris, Kara and Emily....
As I prepare to retire for the night, my thoughts and prayers are with you for a safe trip home. Emily, when you join Mommy and sister Kara, your journey in life is just beginning. See you soon.....Midge

Anonymous said...

Kristen and Kara,

Tonight is the big day when Em and
Dad and your Grandmother return with you baby sister. It has been such a journey for them and finally
you will all be reunited.
I can't wait to see you all and Welcome you into your family.

God Bless.

Aunt Ginny Uncle Timmy

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy I could spit! Tonight is the night we get to see our Emily. I can't wait.This Blogg is the best . What a way to keep family and friends informed on Corey,Connie and Emily's journey. God Bless and keep this family always safe,healthy and happy.

All my love
Aunt Suzy

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

I am so happy for you guys. I found your blog through the Durney's as well. Your daughter is a beauty and will soon be in your arms forever.

Lori
Katie Starr's Mommy
Wuwei, Gansu