Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Bliss......

Due to the amount of laundry to be done, pretty soon I'm going to be using paper towels to dry off after my shower and then sew them together for clothing and yet, I've never been happier. After Kara came home from Russia I had a difficult adjustment to motherhood. I assumed that because I wanted it so badly that it was going to be easy. The joke was on me. I remember after all the company had gone, Corey, Kara and I were watching Baby VanGogh and I thought "This is it? This is what we do now?" It was Corey that was the glue that held it together until I fell head over heals in love with her and then we figured out the parent/child thing together. So in preparation for Emily I had a pep talk with myself, reminding myself that the bonding takes time, 2 kids are a big change, etc. So I was again unprepared to find that I had fallen for her in about 24 hours. My theory is my heart was already trained in motherhood and Kara had done all the hard work for Emily. I'm happy to say that Emily responds to me in the same way as well. She's such a complete joy--funny, happy, silly, sweet and snuggly. But boy is she loud when you don't feed her fast enough!! Emily's just in a great stage--babbling, almost walking and did I mention sleeping through the night:) There are so many facets to a second child. Not only do I get to enjoy her, on top of my precious Kara, but I get to watch their sibling relationship unfold. It's so precious to see them chatting to one another and reaching out to touch each other as they talk. Emily's favorite thing to do is watch Kara be silly--she laughs and laughs. Sharing all of this with Corey and our families/friends has been great. Corey is very cute and funny with the girls. They really love their Daddy. I have to admit, I also get a kick out of Corey when the girls are loud and nutty and he's taking deep breaths rather than losing his mind. He's so cute!!
Kara has been a hoot. She comes home with the funniest stories, songs, etc. from school. One day she's buying ice cream for a friend who didn't bring money and the next she's smacking a boy at school who knocked her on her butt ("but don't worry Mom, the principal wasn't there"). Watching her begin to navigate life without us by her side is exciting, fun filled and scary for us. I feel very fortunate for all I have--we're very blessed. I pray that somehow God will let their birth families know how happy and loved they are and that we'll cherish our girls forever.
Have a great day everyone. Time to do the laundry:)
Love,
Kristen, Corey, Kara and Emily

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tristen, You made me cry again. Sounds like Kara is doing fine in school. A real Macho Chick. She certainly won't take any nonsense. Girl after my owm heart. I'm glad Emily is settled in and doing well. What beautiful girls you and Corey have. Love you all.
Aunt Suzy

Nana and Papa said...

I know the blog is completed and the last entry has been made. But I have to add Emily has now been home almost 4 months. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it has been watching her grow and blossom. She is the sweetest, most loving baby. I just can't get enough of her. I thank God every day for bringing her to our family. We have been so blessed, three times over.

Anonymous said...

Emily is now 2 years old. She is talking like crazy and loves playing with her sissy, Kara. Mommy and Daddy just told Em and Kara they will be having a new baby in the spring. After lifting up Kristen's shirt, Emily's comment was: "I want see baby!" It will be a long wait for these two little girls.
Love,
Nana